A Container Room Away From Home
Bhagabatipur Container Farmstay
4 Rooms, 12 Guests
Your Container Home near Shantiniketan, Birbhum
There are 1.4 crore “out-of-service” shipping containers in the world and we only used 03 of them to build Eastern India’s first Container Resort. Built from steel shipping containers that you often see loaded on trucks, trains and ships ferrying goods, these re-cycled containers have been completely reconditioned with suitable insulation and all modern facilities to make the coziest and most comfortable rooms you would find anywhere. Decked up with all modern amenities like Air Conditioners, Geysers, Televisions, Couches, Comfy beds, Wardrobes and whole lot of in-room surprises, our rooms are simple adorable.
Our rooms are built from steel shipping containers and completely re-conditioned with suitable insulation and modern facilities to make the coziest and most comfortable rooms.
Room & Tariff
How Are The Rooms?
All 4 container rooms are similar. Decked up with all modern amenities our rooms are simple adorable.
- Private Bathroom with Geyser
- One King Bed
- Bed-Couch & Bean bag
- Tea maker
- AC room
TARIFF PER NIGHT (FOOD + LODGING):
- 3 guests in one room (AC): Rs.1395 per head per day
- 2 guests in one room (AC): Rs.1650 per head per day
- 1 guest in one room (AC): Rs.2950 per head per day
- Child (below 3 years) : Free
- Child (4 years to 9 years) : Rs.450 per head per day
- Child (above 9 years) : Same as adults
The details of food in the package that we provide are as follows:
- Lunch: Rice, dal, bhaji, sabji, fish (1 pcs) or egg (2 pcs), chutney, papad
- Evening: Veg pakora/ Chop, tea
- Dinner: Rice/Roti, dal, sabji, chicken curry (4 pcs), salad/sweet.
- Breakfast: Luchi, sabji, sweet, tea
Nature & Literature
Tarashankar Bandopadhyay’s Hansuli Banker Upokatha
The novel explores life in rural Bengal, the realities of the Zamindari system that was responsible for much of the social inequalities in Bengal, as well as the changes in social perceptions with time. You can visit the location of hansuli baank.
The Childrens’ Park, Garden and Splash Pool
Apart from the countless trees of berries, wood apples and date palms inhabiting the resort area, we also have few manicured lawns, flower beds, childrens’ rides like swings and see-saws and an open-air podium for staging cultural programs. Our gardens bloom with flowers in every season and our trees are home to numerous birds and butterflies.
When its hot and humid in Birbhum, then there is nothing better than to take a dip in our splash pool and when its cold in Birbhum then the best thing to do is to bask in the sun by the pool.
Shakti Peeth Darshan
While staying here for a couple of days, you can take a pilgrimage tour to 05 Shakti Peethas located within 50 kms. of Bhagabatipur. There is no place in India, which can offer you this convienience. The 05 Shakti Peethas near to Bhagabatipur are Bakreshwar (Portion between the Eyebrows), Kankalitala (Pelvis), Nandikishori (Necklace), Nalateshwari (Throat) and Fullora (Lips). We have transport arrangements for visiting all these holy piligrimages from our resort.
Amenities & Facilities
Bathroom with Geyser
and 5 more
Dining Hall with In-House Kitchen, Fishing facilities, Kitchen Garden and farm with duck house, Transport arrangement for local sightseeing and pick-up / drop.
Checkin & Checkout
12 noon today till 11am tomorrow
Our rooms are non smoking. Please keep your shoes in cabinets kept outside very container room. Food is only served in the dining hall. AC & Geysers will not run during power cut.
- Cancellation request received 10 days prior to arrival, will be refunded at 90% on the total billed amount.
- Cancellation request received 6-9 days prior to arrival, will be refunded at 75% on the total billed amount.
- Cancellation received 3-5 days prior to arrival, will be refunded at 50% on the total billed amount.
- Cancellation received 48 hours prior to arrival, NO REFUND will be allowed.
- During the stay or on arrival, if part cancellations are requested, NO REFUND will be allowed.
- All arriving guests will have to wear face mask.
- Guest will be checked for their body temperature by us during arrival. Temperature below 98.6 deg F will be allowed entry. Guests with body temperature above the mentioned limit will not be allowed entry and refunds will not be allowed. Any guest showing signs of body temperature or any symptoms during the period of stay has to leave our property immediately. No refunds will be allowed in such cases.
- Guest Luggage may be sanitized by us during arrival.
- Right Of Admission Reserved by Bhagabatipur Farmstay.
What can i do?
Activities at Bhagabatipur
At Bhagabatipur, you can take long walks taking to the edges of paddy fields, do some fishing, play badminton, bring out eggs from the duck house, soak the history and religion of Birbhum, do some campfire in the evenings and simply de-stress your weekend. Family addas during the afternoon and evening in the gazebo with a barbeque can be a unique thing to do during your stay here. Essentially, a stay here is a few days of peace in the green.
BOATING & FISHING
With nearly 70000 sq.ft. of water, this reservoir is teeming with fish like Rohu, Katla, & others. The whole reservoir is fenced & protected. Guests can enjoy angling here to their heart’s content. We have few fishing rods & reels too for our angling enthusiasts. There are 2 Paddle Boats for guests to enjoy boating.
While staying at Bhagabatipur, you can just drop into any of the surrounding villages and take long walks through endless stretches of paddy fields and fishing ponds dotted with thatched mud houses and dilapidated temples. We can arrange a bicycle for you to take a ride along the bumpy muddy village roads. You can also take the local village boy to accompany you to the village walks.
We can arrange cultural programs too. If you are fond of Baul, Bhatiali and other folk programs, please do inform us in advance, so that we can arrange for the programs. Some of the best Bauls and folk singers can perform. With prior intimation from guests, we can also arrange Tribal dance.
VEGETABLE GARDEN & DUCKS
We farm all sorts of seasonal vegetables in our garden and have a duck house too. This helps us to serve our guests with freshly-picked vegetables and eggs. Often our guests also pick up the vegetables themselves to prepare a fresh salad.
In the evenings, we can arrange for a Barbeque where you can discuss all the ‘necessary nothings’ of human life with your friends and family and treat yourself to some nice and juicy barbecue chicken under the cover of starry nights. You can simply request a bonfire arrangement with local fire wood.
If bird watching is your hobby, then the early mornings of Bhagabatipur can yield some nice surprises for you. Bhagabatipur and its surrounding villages have a very good population of local and migratory birds. Wagtails, Parakits, Barn Owls and a whole lot of bee catchers and local species are found in abundance here due to the lush greenery all around. Due to an abundance of water bodies in the vicinity and farmlands, Bhagabatipur is particularly home to different species of kingfishers and storks.
Bhagabatipur is surrounded with numerous nearby sight-seeings. There is something for everyone – History and Heritage lovers, Forests and Adventure lovers, Religious minded pilgrims.